It’s been almost a month since the the grammar guide has been on Amazon and you’ve been buying at least one copy everyday! Thanks everybody for your support! I’m so excited that I’ve decided to take all the royalties and put it away along with the Paypal account to contribute back into the site.
I have lots of bold plans and very little time but hopefully I can put the money to good use to make it even easier for people to learn Japanese. Here’s what I’d like to accomplish in the next 10 years.
- Finish writing the complete guide. I’ve been making good progress on this recently.
- Make more Youtube videos. I’d like to get some native speakers for the examples so it’s not just me.
- Start a lecture series at a local library and post on Youtube.
- Get audio for all the dialogues in the complete guide.
- Add Yonkoma comics to the site. Unfortunately, I have absolutely no art skills.
- Put everything above together in a monster, awesome, interactive eBook for iBooks.
- Start a podcast show for Japanese learners. I have some ideas on how to make an awesome show.
Unfortunately, I have to do all this in my free time so if you want to help me out, here’s how.
- Make a link to www.guidetojapanese.org with the phrase “learn Japanese”. I want to be #1 on Google when you search “learn Japanese”.
- If you’re good at drawing, I’m looking for simple manga style drawings like あずまんが大王、ダーリンは外国人、 or even just stick figures like xkcd. Email me at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- For native Japanese speakers, anybody interested in contributing audio or co-hosting a podcast show, email me at: email@example.com
Buy the book (if you want one) or donate
I do not know what I’m going to do with the money specifically yet but it’s definitely going to be used to improve the site.
CreateSpace: It’s kind of hassle to order from and you have to pay for shipping but it will save about $5 on printing costs.
Amazon: They will take a bigger cut but you will get free shipping. Also if you like the book, I would love to see some reviews on Amazon.
Special thanks goes to Sven ($200), Sergey ($100), and Eric ($200) for their generous donations! (Eric bought the book too!)
It’s been about 10 years since I started this site in college and I hope to bring you more exciting stuff. Thanks for your purchases, donations, contributions, emails, comments, feedback, suggestions, and corrections. Here’s to another 10 years!