Tae Kim's Guide to Japanese Forum

THIS FORUM IS NOW CLOSED TO NEW REGISTRATIONS BUT LEFT FOR PROSPERITY!

You are not logged in.

#51 2005-09-28 13:51:33

Re: A suggestion for the forum

I don't think you read this either, Nipponman.

ReceptviCanatvr wrote:
emperor wrote:

If gods says that mankind should reproduce then this means they are to be heterosexual. Homosexuality causing children is...not quiet possible the natural way. Also there must be enough reason in the bible as the pope seems to be against it. Anyone knowledgable might be able to tell you.

That would be specious reasoning again.  He doesn't say that absolutely everyone should reproduce and that to not reproduce is a sin.  The sequitur of the fact that God has commanded people to procreate is not that it is a sin to be a homosexual necessarily.  You are jumping to conclusions.

And I don't particularly care whether people respect my beliefs or not.  Anyone who wills may call them into question.  That's his prerogative.

Incidentally, you are telling me how to be, and you are essentially telling Nipponman not to listen to me and to listen to his own faith and do whatever it tells him to do - regardless of how deleterious his actions may be to society as a whole.  I don't think that that is fair either.  He is his own person and deserves to not be bound and shackled by the doctrines and dogma of the Catholic faith;  he shouldn't have to do everything some rich fat guy living in the lap of sumptuousness and luxury tells him to do just because the said man purports to be the living hypostasis of Christ - which he probably isn't - and because he has been born into that faith.  Let him decide for himself.  I am giving him guideliness, but I am not saying that he absolutely has to believe in what I believe.

Last edited by ReceptviCanatvr (2005-09-28 13:57:14)

#52 2005-09-28 14:19:57

nipponman

So much to say, so little time...
Anyway, first to trippinfall and Rcanatvr: you grossly misunderstand me. I am not judging any one person for their homosexuality, just like I don't judge people who I see smoke, or drink or do anything the bible says you should not do. But, I can clearly with conviction say that what they do is wrong and I won't associate myself with them. Not because they are less people than I am, but because God commands us to be in the world and not of it. Also, we have to come out of the world, and touch not the unclean. That is metaphoric for having contact with those who purposely defy God's natural law. Jesus hung out with these kinsd of people not because it is something we should all do, but because he was trying to save them. I can't save anyone, people are very hard-headed and would just reject me anyway. I am not trying to save people or judge them, I am trying to be saved.
To: Rcanatvr:

The liking of a boy for other boys is imprinted in the structure of the mind.  Boys don't know that they're gay before puberty because their bodies are not yet producing enough testosterone to give them any kind of a sex drive, whereby they might know in what sex they are interested.  But you can sometimes tell that a child is gay even before puberty by his womanly mannerisms.

This is biologically unfounded, you contradict yourself when you say that they don't know they are gay because their bodies don't produce enough testosterone for their sex drive. You don't understand the biology of the situation (which is alright, not everyone does) Testosterone isn't responsible for some of your sex drive, but for just about all of it! Women also have testosterone and it fuels their sex drive as well (sidenote: men typically have 10-20 times the testosterone then woman, which is why our brains our bigger (not a statement of intellegence, just of size) our lungs and hearts are bigger, and we have greater sex drives and greater physical strength.) So, even though young boys have some testosterone, the levels are the same as that of girls at that age, but it is not enough for sexual drive. Boys ARE NOT attracted to other young boys before puberty begins. Now what you should be arguing is that puberty starts at younger ages for some than others, because, I'm sorry to say this, your arguments here have no biological founding.

Jesus hung out with the outcasts, ect. Nevermind that in the places where the Bible seems to condemn homosexuality it was talking about specific actions of homosexual RAPE and the like and never said a word about consentual activity. That's not a topic for this forum.

And as a fellow christian, I assume you know that in revelation ch 22 it gives a warning for those who add and subtract from the word of God as you are unfortunately doing. The Bible never says that God destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah because of Homosexual rape. That is something that you (generic) added in there. The Bible is plain, but because of the concept of "tolerance" people wanna change it, which is wrong. The Bible clearly calls homosexual sex, an abomination. You can't twist that to make it homosexual rape;

=The Bible, levitcus 18:22"Thou shalt not lie with mankind as with womankind: it is abomination".

Nowhere in there does it talk about rape. God talks about rape in subsequent chapters and verses. He knows the difference between the two and made the difference clear. I believe you are adding to the bible when you say God is talking about homosexual rape instead of homosexuality. Be careful, in revelation it gives the penalty for this.

As for this

The Bible was not a book that existed in full form and then was translated.  The Romans compiled a bunch of books which they thought to be interrelated.  They had no way of knowing that the different books actually spoke of the same God.  The Romans also edited the Bible to a significant extent, leaving out the portions proscribing the consumption of meat - which Christ calls an abomination in the translation of the Dead Sea Scrolls and in a version of the Bible saved from corruption by a group of Bhuddist monks.  The English christians also edited the Bible very significantly.  On account of this, you can't know for certain that God actually speaks out against homosexuality, even calling it an abomination.

I assume that God is in control just as you (incorrectly) assume there is no abberation in the universe. (What about sin? As a christian you know that sin is the abberation from God's law!)
So therefore, if God wanted me to read the Bible, he would make sure that anything he wanted me to read, would be in there, and that those who wrote it/translated it were careful and judicious. I can't read ancient hebrew (nor can I learn it for that matter) and God, being all-wise, knows this, so he makes it so that I can understand it.
nipponman

***EDIT***
Personally, I don't know IkimashoZ well enough to miss him when he is gone, but I don't want him to leave. It pains me when the numbers of this forum dwindle instead of increase.

Last edited by nipponman (2005-09-28 14:39:08)

#53 2005-09-28 14:23:32

emperor

ReceptviCanatvr,I do not know what your past post means, in which you do NOTHING but post your discontent with again, except that you might be wanting to challenge me to answer.
Fine. I don't get what you want. I really don't get it. I am saying people of others believes should leave each other alone. Equality. 'Regardless of their gender, confession or origin people are to be treated the same.' This is such a nice basic rule. I am saying I like it, I'm saying you should, not you must, I am saying that to my mind you should leave them alone.  Leave them alone. Say that you believe something else. Say that what they do is not what you think is correct. Say it. Say that your OPINION is different. But do not say that it is FACT that it is no good. Do you know it? Do you have the right to say that they are wrong? No you don't.

Last edited by emperor (2005-09-28 14:23:57)

#54 2005-09-28 14:26:29

nipponman

Are you talking to me? 'Cause if you are than I will gladly say it. I believe that homosexuals are WRONG. W-R-O-N-G, wrong. No two ways about it. They are not living a productive, healthy lifestyle. They aren't doing what is best for them. They are doing the opposite. They are agreeing to discontinue the human race, destroy their bodies all for what? They feel a certain way when they're young? Come on. You cannot convince me that the dead end path of homosexuality is good. It is foolishness. Emperor, I think you need to learn that people often make bad decisions in life. HOmosexuality is clearly one of these decisions.

There are no reformed homosexuals.  I have met many men who have tried to do that, who have gone on missions thinking that the mission will make them straight, but they come home as gay as ever, convinced that homosexuality is in the cards for them.  I have also met some who have claimed to have reformed, but who later in life, after having several children, finally admit that they had never actually reformed. (My uncle, Steve, for one.)

You're kidding right? You should read this (from another forum)

Interesting Perspective..."I was born Gay” If Serial killers were, just "born serial killers” what would we do with them?  Say they can’t be rehabilitated.  I would be OK with that.  Pedophiles?  Same thing? I personally think they should be immediately dealt with.  Permanently. Don't get me wrong.  I don’t equate homosexuals with Serial Killers and pedophiles; the point I'll make is that the only certain thing is our life is that the choices we make will always be our own.  There are outside influences that effect our choices but at the end of the day, it is still a choice and to choose homosexuality or heterosexuality is just that.  A choice.  For whatever reason a person gives, you can't deny that a choice was make.  People choose abstinence, how do you label them.  The simple fact is, that reproduction requires male and female.  Whether you believe in a supreme being or in evolution, nature dictates heterosexuality is normal for humans and homosexuality is not.  So, unless homosexuals would like to label themselves as abnormal, they have to admit to it being their choice.

Finally, what a slap in the face homosexuality is. God made man for woman, not man for man. There wouldn't be room for homosexuals if it weren't for heterosexuals! (literally, they wouldn't exist because they would die out and the whole race would be gone).

Last edited by nipponman (Today 19:31:54)

***EDIT***
I consolidated my posts, originally, I had 4 posts but now I put them into 2.

Last edited by nipponman (2005-09-28 14:39:46)

#55 2005-09-28 14:42:28

nipponman wrote:

This is biologically unfounded, you contradict yourself when you say that they don't know they are gay because their bodies don't produce enough testosterone for their sex drive. You don't understand the biology of the situation (which is alright, not everyone does) Testosterone isn't responsible for some of your sex drive, but for just about all of it! Women also have testosterone and it fuels their sex drive as well (sidenote: men typically have 10-20 times the testosterone then woman, which is why our brains our bigger (not a statement of intellegence, just of size) our lungs and hearts are bigger, and we have greater sex drives and greater physical strength.) So, even though young boys have some testosterone, the levels are the same as that of girls at that age, but it is not enough for sexual drive. Boys ARE NOT attracted to other young boys before puberty begins. Now what you should be arguing is that puberty starts at younger ages for some than others, because, I'm sorry to say this, your arguments here have no biological founding.

Regardless of the chemical etiology of the onset of puberty, whatever chemicals are resposible for the onset of puberty are not present in such quantities before puberty as to give the person such a sex drive as to be able to recognize that they are gay.  Nevertheless, the homosexuality is written into their genes and is expressed as soon as there has been a full realization of their sexuality through the processes of appurtenant to puberty.  As I said, you can sometimes recognize even a prepubescent boy as a homosexual even before he knows he is a homosexual by his effeminate behaviour.

Your arguments do not have a biological basis either.

And as a fellow christian, I assume you know that in revelation ch 22 it gives a warning for those who add and subtract from the word of God

Exactly!  People have added to and taken away from the Bible many times and have distorted the facts thereof.  The meaning has been essentially altered through poor translations and manipulations of the content.  Thus, you can't trust what it says.  Go read "The Gospel of the Holy Twelve".

I assume that God is in control just as you (incorrectly) assume there is no abberation in the universe. (What about sin? As a christian you know that sin is the abberation from God's law!)

Once again, exactly!  I don't believe that there are any aberrations.  I believe that so-called "sins" are a part of God's design as well.  God knew that mankind would "sin" (take note of the quotation marks.)  It isn't an aberration.  As a person whose beliefs are rather like those of Hindus and Buddhists, I believe that God is all things and that all things are one.  I believe that God is the 'evil' in this universe as well as the 'good'.  I also believe that through our 'mistakes' and many lifetimes, we come to an ultimate realization of God and what he is and that we transcend duality, all notions of Good and Evil, Right and Wrong.  (However, I don't believe homosexuality to be one of those 'mistakes' to which I referred.)

And you didn't respond to this:

Oh, and don't tell me you're a Mormon.  I'm picking up on quite the Mormon flavouring in your posts....  It literally makes me ill.

I guess that wasn't technically a question, so I will formally ask you:  are you a Mormon?  And, yes, you could say that I am intollerant of Mormons.  They are unbelieveably frustrating.  I have to deal with them all the time, seeing as I live in 塩湖市.  It isn't the least bit justified, I know.  Although, I do not hate them.

Last edited by ReceptviCanatvr (2005-09-28 15:49:19)

#56 2005-09-28 14:44:24

trippinfall

ReceptviCanatvr, I think you did a great job even if there is at least one thing I disagree with you about. But I seriously think this topic needs to wind down so if anyone wants to discuss anything farther with me, do it in e-mail. (Put trippinfall or something sensible in the subject so I don't assume it's spam.)

First, I'm a member of The Church of the Brethren. I just want to say that in case anyone cares. Within the Church, there have been papers published by far more scholarly people than I that goes through the Bible and disproves every instance where the Bible seems to be against homosexuals. So while I can't speak for all of my brethren (I never get to use that word smile ), it's a widely-held belief that homonsexuality is not a sin.

That said, only actions can be sins and the act of sleeping with anybody is certainly within a person's power to choose. If a person did think it was a sin, then it becomes a sin for that person and no one should try to make him do it. (I believe the original verse was about eating meat.)

Since the terms homosexual and heterosexual are defined by the act, a person can go from one to the other whenever they choose (and find a partner, of course). I don't think missions can help too much in this but my behavioral psych textbook has a case study in which the subject (willingly) goes through a rather extreme therapy and ends up displaying "hetero behavior patterns" much more often. It is quite clear that these techniques would work in the reverse as well. (Side note, any psychologist who tried to do either today would surely loss his license.)

Finally, to whoever said God commanded people to go forth and reproduce. So any 12 or 13 year old who is physically capable of reproduction is sinning if they do not have sex immediately and repeatedly until they produce a child since anyone could be hit by a truck tomorrow. And sterile people automatically go to hell then?

Trippinfall

*Edit*
I can't save anyone, people are very hard-headed and would just reject me anyway. I am not trying to save people or judge them, I am trying to be saved. -nipponman

Erm..wow, I haven't even read the rest of your post but I thought trying to save people was a huge part of the Christian faith. Even if I do feel that way much of the time it's something we should both try to get over.

Btw, ReceptviCanatvr did you get permission from that one guy who's blog you linked? You seemed to be worried about him getting hate mail and I think everyone here has had a chance to visit it so you can probably take it down now.

Last edited by trippinfall (2005-09-28 14:57:14)

#57 2005-09-28 14:55:40

Thanks, trippinfall.  But I think that you may have misinterpreted what I wrote.  I said that missions can't help one with his homosexuality and that homosexuality is perfectly natural and isn't something which one should try to change or even something that can be changed.

There are no reformed homosexuals.  I have met many men who have tried to do that, who have gone on missions thinking that the mission will make them straight, but they come home as gay as ever, convinced that homosexuality is in the cards for them.  I have also met some who have claimed to have reformed, but who later in life, after having several children, finally admit that they had never actually reformed. (My uncle, Steve, for one.)

If that was not the thing apropos of which you disagreed with me, then what was it?  I am curious.  (A form of curiosity which does not portend an argument.)

Btw, ReceptviCanatvr did you get permission from that one guy who's blog you linked? You seemed to be worried about him getting hate mail and I think everyone here has had a chance to visit it so you can probably take it down now.

It is MySpace.  MySpace is made so a person's profile can be found with ease.  It is a site for networking, so I don't particularly think that I need permission, but I will take down the links, if you think it's for the best... I suppose.

Last edited by ReceptviCanatvr (2005-09-28 15:13:25)

#58 2005-09-28 14:56:42

emperor

Okay...what is it now...what ...god...if there is a god ...forgive me already...
Nipponman...I do not know what you are talking about...if it's about the post that is the very above of yours...if you thought for a second that this was direct to you....it is not...while I was writing my post you posted yours, it was originally after ReceptviCanatvr's post. Therefore I immediately altered it and put his name in [within half a minute's time]. If you saw it within that time...fine..........All I am saying.........and trying to say......is...I...think...you...should...just.....leave....each other.....be.... do not say a religion is wrong unless you can prove it..............please...please. I see no reason to treat homosexual or foreigners badly.....even if some people do so...why....why can't I get these things through...why? Why. Wherefore. Warum. Pourquoi. 何故.
I have already been called
-racist/intollerant
-imcapable of confronting people with other opinions
-advertiser of homosexuality
among several other things.
Of course. I am intollerant towards homosexuals but advertise it. That is SO logical. And it of course does NOT contradict the facts that I have stated several times already. People...give me a break. Why did this have to happen? Why. Wherefore. Warum. Pourquoi. 何故.
Am I the cause of all this? Please...give me a break already....
edit: Enough...enough of this. I stated how I think several times, tried to get my opinion through, sincerely wished for tollerance. Wished that if people are of different religious believes they would at most say : I THINK that sth is wrong. To my mind sth is wrong. In my opinion sth is wrong. But not judge religions. Because you cannot prove them right or wrong. I said I THINK one should let homosexuals alone, even if the public does not, ignoring them...letting them be. If opinions differ...let people be....let them be...is all I wish for.... I thought this is the most peaceful way there is. Despite that nothing good came of it. The opposite happened. Thus I judge myself unable to communicate properly. Judging and admitting this fact, I shall retire from this board, once and for all.

Last edited by emperor (2005-09-28 15:12:37)

#59 2005-09-28 17:16:54

nipponman

edit: Enough...enough of this. I stated how I think several times, tried to get my opinion through, sincerely wished for tollerance. Wished that if people are of different religious believes they would at most say : I THINK that sth is wrong. To my mind sth is wrong. In my opinion sth is wrong. But not judge religions. Because you cannot prove them right or wrong. I said I THINK one should let homosexuals alone, even if the public does not, ignoring them...letting them be. If opinions differ...let people be....let them be...is all I wish for.... I thought this is the most peaceful way there is. Despite that nothing good came of it. The opposite happened. Thus I judge myself unable to communicate properly. Judging and admitting this fact, I shall retire from this board, once and for all.

We're dropping like flies! Seriously, though, don't quit because of this emperor, I enjoy your company and would be saddened if your argumentative style were absent from this board! I thought you were talking to me in your post so I continued my arguments, I didn't want to be offensive though, so if I was, I apologize. Also, I NEVER said you should treat homosexuals badly. I think that has been misinterpreted. I don't think what they do is right, I think it is evil actually. But I don't treat them badly, that is what being a christian is all about.

Exactly!  People have added to and taken away from the Bible many times and have distorted the facts thereof.  The meaning has been essentially altered through poor translations and manipulations of the content.  Thus, you can't trust what it says.  Go read "The Gospel of the Holy Twelve".

No, you misunderstand. The Bible as it is now, is the way God wanted it to be. He was in control of whatever changes you "think" happened to the Bible. So, this argument against the validity of the current Bible is unfounded.

Once again, exactly!  I don't believe that there are any aberrations.  I believe that so-called "sins" are a part of God's design as well.  God knew that mankind would "sin" (take note of the quotation marks.)  It isn't an aberration.  As a person whose beliefs are rather like those of Hindus and Buddhists, I believe that God is all things and that all things are one.  I believe that God is the 'evil' in this universe as well as the 'good'.  I also believe that through our 'mistakes' and many lifetimes, we come to an ultimate realization of God and what he is and that we transcend duality, all notions of Good and Evil, Right and Wrong.  (However, I don't believe homosexuality to be one of those 'mistakes' to which I referred.)

This is not Christianity. At least not one that I am familiar with.

Erm..wow, I haven't even read the rest of your post but I thought trying to save people was a huge part of the Christian faith. Even if I do feel that way much of the time it's something we should both try to get over.

Actually no. I don't have the power to save anyone. Only the Holy Spirit can convict a man of his sins. Now, I am not against being an agent that God uses for that, but I of myself cannot do that. So, when I say, I'm not tryin' to save people, I mean here in this argument. I am just trying to prove my point.

I guess that wasn't technically a question, so I will formally ask you:  are you a Mormon?  And, yes, you could say that I am intollerant of Mormons.  They are unbelieveably frustrating.  I have to deal with them all the time, seeing as I live in 塩湖市.  It isn't the least bit justified, I know.  Although, I do not hate them.

Firstly, I don't hate homosexuals. We shouldn't hate. But I don't like them either. That's not a bad thing, I don't like smokers, or alcoholics either. That's just me.  And finally, I am not a mormon, I am a Seventh-Day adventist. I wanted to answer your question but I forgot about it and went to class instead smile.

First, I'm a member of The Church of the Brethren. I just want to say that in case anyone cares. Within the Church, there have been papers published by far more scholarly people than I that goes through the Bible and disproves every instance where the Bible seems to be against homosexuals. So while I can't speak for all of my brethren (I never get to use that word  ), it's a widely-held belief that homonsexuality is not a sin.

That said, only actions can be sins and the act of sleeping with anybody is certainly within a person's power to choose. If a person did think it was a sin, then it becomes a sin for that person and no one should try to make him do it. (I believe the original verse was about eating meat.)

Then, I'm sorry to say, you don't believe the Bible trippinfall. Because, even an atheist can see from just the quoted scripture that the Bible perscribes homosexuality as a sin.
Also, on the issue of children. Homosexuals cannot continue the race, and thus their reproductive value to humanity becomes 0. They cannot raise children (you need a father and a mother not a man pretending he is feminine). Feminine males don't make gay males Canatvr. You should know that. you are generalizing again.  And also, you should (I don't think you have) read this :

Interesting Perspective..."I was born Gay” If Serial killers were, just "born serial killers” what would we do with them?  Say they can’t be rehabilitated.  I would be OK with that.  Pedophiles?  Same thing? I personally think they should be immediately dealt with.  Permanently. Don't get me wrong.  I don’t equate homosexuals with Serial Killers and pedophiles; the point I'll make is that the only certain thing is our life is that the choices we make will always be our own.  There are outside influences that effect our choices but at the end of the day, it is still a choice and to choose homosexuality or heterosexuality is just that.  A choice.  For whatever reason a person gives, you can't deny that a choice was make.  People choose abstinence, how do you label them.  The simple fact is, that reproduction requires male and female.  Whether you believe in a supreme being or in evolution, nature dictates heterosexuality is normal for humans and homosexuality is not.  So, unless homosexuals would like to label themselves as abnormal, they have to admit to it being their choice.

#60 2005-09-28 17:40:28

Seventh Day Adventist Church, eh?  That's rather similar to Mormonism.  (It even has approximately the same number of members) Don't you feel it crushing the life out of you bit by bit, day by day?  Truly, how much joy does your faith bring you?  I would guess little to none.

Modern-day Christian faiths are so oppressive and depressing.  Faiths like Mormonism are so uniquely capable of brain-washing its members, that I fear even being in the presence of the members of such churches, who are unwittingly masters themselves of brainwashing, lest I should perhaps, through their clever and cunning manipulations, come to believe and be heavily burdened by their oppressive and miserable doctrines that have NOTHING to do with Jesus Christ whatsoever - save for the fact that they say that they are inspired of Christ.  I have seen a number of people completely destroyed by the despair that such faiths bring into one's life, but there's nothing to be done about it because the members are so thoroughly brainwashed that anything you say only fortifies and perpetuates their belief, as they think that they are being tested and are encountering the opposition of Satan because they are members of the "one true church" and the like.  The only thing you can do is just let them be, and hope that they are emancipated one day from the horrors of their exiguous existences.

This is not Christianity. At least not one that I am familiar with.

Good!  That's the point.  I would hate to think that I were a christian.  I believe in and love Christ, but I am not a christian.  (I know that sounds like a contradiction.  It is similar to the difference between being spiritual and religious.)

And about the Mormon comment I made in my last post, that was a bit of an exaggeration.  I don't actually dislike Mormons;  I dislike the teachings which they follow.  Many of my friends are Mormons and I really care about them.

[edit]
You remind me so much of my quondam friend, Ben, who is a Mormon who said these very words:  "The fact is that gay people have a place reserved for them in hell."  I didn't feel angry when I had heard those words;  I felt a feeling of despair.  What is his inner world like if he thinks like that?  How can he be happy, believing that the being, who is supposed to love him with all his might, would send him to hell for an ETERNITY just for exercising his interest in the same sex even once without repenting?  I do not fain imagine how horrible my life would be, if I were as brainwashed as he...

Last edited by ReceptviCanatvr (2005-09-28 18:37:59)

#61 2005-09-28 18:31:23

IkimashoZ

It starts as a dull pain in your abdomen.  Pretty soon you feel like throwing up.  But before long, it rages up your spinal cord and you feel angry and sick all at the same time.  Your muscles tighten and your head begins spinning.  Before long, all you can think about is your anger.  All you can think about is hurting the people who hurt you back.  It gnaws at your soul and makes you wish you were dead, just so you wouldn't have to hurt anymore.

This is what it feels like everytime someone says something hateful about you for something you yourself have absoultely no control over.

I, too, am a christian.  I have studied the bible and derived my own interpretation from it.  I don't need to go into the details here, but there's one important fact that I should note -- I find revenge to abhorrant.  If there are two common themes I find in the Bible, it's that 1) Jesus said that God loves all of us (notice he doesn't say 'he loves us less if we're gay') and Jesus loves all of us too.  2) A huge number of stories all seem to show in one way or another that revenge is the lowest human denominator.

This is what hatred does.  It eats your soul away until you too spout off the garbage that hurt you so much in the first place.  Trippinfall, I never meant to indicate you, and yes, if you still want to hang out in Osaka, I would love to.  Teakk, I appreciate the fact that you set up this webspace and this site and are very busy with your job in/near Tokyo.  I still disagree with some of your reasoning (for example, if someone had posted 'I really don't want to talk to black people because they're so freaking wierd and different' I have a hard time believing that this would not have merited some kind of responce), but that is neither here nor there.

Emperor:  I never wanted blood from you.  Hell, I never even really wanted an apology.  But just as I did when I was approached with the comment I made on my site, a very simple, "Oh, I hadn't seen it that way, but I appreciate your input and will think about it" would have sufficed.  Instead I felt viciously attacked every time I to clearly explain in non-aggressive terms how it was you could 'potentially' make 'others' feel.

Nipponman:  I'm not going to go get the exact quote, but you mentioned something somewhere about 'being sad to see me go, because it's always unfortunate to see numbers dwindle'.  Honestly, the rage surging through me melted at this very moment.  I was SO certain that you in particular would be the most happy to see the board rid of that 'heathen faggot'.  Apparently, I was wrong.  I don't know where to begin to apologize.

Unfortunately, while the board gives me an 'edit' option, reality works a bit different in that once someone's read something, the way in which it's changed them is permanent.  While I could back and whisk that post away, there's little point.  And there's also the fact that I know that I posted it, that will bother me for quite awhile, I'm sure.

I've got some thinking to do.  You'll obviously know if I decide to make an appearance here again.

Last edited by IkimashoZ (2005-09-28 18:32:19)

月:英会話を教える、 火:太鼓練習、 水:ゲームを作り、 木:ゲームを作り、 金:ゲームを作り、 土:太鼓練習、 日:ゲームを作り

#62 2005-09-28 20:31:44

nipponman

Nipponman:  I'm not going to go get the exact quote, but you mentioned something somewhere about 'being sad to see me go, because it's always unfortunate to see numbers dwindle'.  Honestly, the rage surging through me melted at this very moment.  I was SO certain that you in particular would be the most happy to see the board rid of that 'heathen faggot'.  Apparently, I was wrong.  I don't know where to begin to apologize.

Well emperor, I never said I HATED homosexuals, I just don't agree with their lifestyle. I don't want to see anyone here leave, this is just the beginning of a great forum, I want to look back and laugh at this a long time from now.

Seventh Day Adventist Church, eh?  That's rather similar to Mormonism.  (It even has approximately the same number of members) Don't you feel it crushing the life out of you bit by bit, day by day?  Truly, how much joy does your faith bring you?  I would guess little to none.

Actually, this religion gives me the most joy possible. Because my life is better because I don't make choices based on my own knowledge or righteousness, because I have no knowledge or righteousness, at least apart from the Word. I don't have certain problems that bring misery, because I make choices that God agrees with. How can I say that? Because most of the things I do the Bible tells me to do. I don't do that which God says I shouldn't. If the happiness I have is sadness for you, then I am the saddest man alive and lovin' it smile

"The fact is that gay people have a place reserved for them in hell."

Unfortunately, he is right. The bible is clear that fornicators (of either orientation, you should be glad) cannot inherit the kingdom of God. The only other place they can inherit is
hell. But be not decieved, They wouldn't burn forever. Seventh-day adventists have a much more lenient veiw of hell than most christians. We don't believe they will burn forever, even though the Bible uses that word, forever. That word can mean "completely." So they will burn up and never be seen again. They will pay for their sins and die, not be tortured eternally. Good news? NOONE has to go to hell, repent of your sins and you can be saved. There is only one sin that cannot be repented for and that is blaspheming against the Holy Ghost. (i.e. when he convicts you of your sins, you turn and say, "No, my actions aren't sins, they're the right way to be") But, every sinner who doesn't repent and believe in Jesus has a place in hell, so that isn't saying anything special.

***EDIT***

It starts as a dull pain in your abdomen.  Pretty soon you feel like throwing up.  But before long, it rages up your spinal cord and you feel angry and sick all at the same time.  Your muscles tighten and your head begins spinning.  Before long, all you can think about is your anger.  All you can think about is hurting the people who hurt you back.  It gnaws at your soul and makes you wish you were dead, just so you wouldn't have to hurt anymore.

incidentally emperor, this is exactly what christianity tries to prevent. Jesus tells us to "turn the other cheek." This is what I try to do no matter how hard. When we don't, we get people dropping out of the board because they have been indelilbly offended.

***EDIT***

quondam

Sorry for my ignorance but, what/where is this? I have never heard of this before.

Last edited by nipponman (2005-09-28 20:35:35)

#63 2005-09-28 20:35:36

taekk
Administrator

I am closing this thread now, since it's obvious that there will be no resolution. Please continue your discussions elsewhere in private. I do not want to have religious arguments here. Especially since there is no right and wrong and nothing can get resolved. It will only offend those who have different viewpoints. I'm not going to point fingers but please remember to respect each other and their viewpoints.

Sorry I let this go on for so long.

-Tae Kim

Last edited by taekk (2005-09-28 20:55:13)

Board footer