Tae Kim's Guide to Japanese Forum

THIS FORUM IS NOW CLOSED TO NEW REGISTRATIONS BUT LEFT FOR PROSPERITY!

You are not logged in.

#876 2009-02-27 01:10:44

pink~hime

Re: Mumble

Hello all, whats a good site to stay updated on the newest animes/manga?
I am soooo tired of watching immature ikemen-gah-gah dramas -.- I want watch the new thing, like Death Note and Elfen Lied were. (I'm really into psychological horrors and the like)

Last edited by pink~hime (2009-02-27 01:42:39)

うまい書くことは、思いつけない。まぁ、変なことはいっぱいあるけど・・

#877 2009-02-27 04:23:23

taniwha

I can hear it, and I'm 38. (ok, I had to turn the volume up, but still...)

Leave others their otherness. -- Aratak
There is no can't. -- Duun

#878 2009-02-27 12:29:38

32 here, heard that noise before walking into certain places, thought i was getting tinnitus.
Definitely louder at the beginning, didn't get the whole "gets more annoying the longer you hear it" vibe.

for manga - I have no clue. I've only ever read a couple books (as in a volume) cover to cover; let alone a whole series.
Something like cdjapan doesn't keep you up to date?

#879 2009-03-07 01:50:35

Faumdano

Just wanted to say that I've not disappeared and I'm not dead tongue I just don't have access to a reliable inet connection yet >< The area I ended up at in 大阪 is great, and things are all in all going quite well for me in Japan so far smile

蒔かぬ種は生えぬ

#880 2009-03-08 18:11:17

taniwha

Ah, good to hear. BTW, the email attached to my account here is working again...

#881 2009-04-03 07:38:09

bubblebath

かっこいいPVだなー。情報量の多さもフェティッシュをそそるわ。
http://tinyurl.com/ooq5x

Please correct my English.

#882 2009-04-12 04:17:09

Faumdano

I asked a long time ago (I think when I went to Japan last summer), but can anyone send me a mixi invite? Now that I've actually got (a very nice) 携帯 that can actually browse the net, I'd like to try creating an account again.

Thanks smile

蒔かぬ種は生えぬ

#883 2009-04-12 04:51:04

taniwha

Hey, good to see you again.

My wife said she's willing to help. The email connected to my account is working again, so it might be best to send any details there.

#884 2009-04-13 00:38:31

pink~hime

HEY FAUM (I acknowledge the caps make me look needy xD)
I can totally imagine some girl going "WHOA HOWAITO GUY *add add add*"

How is the speaking real time Japanese going 0.0?

#885 2009-04-13 12:49:10

Faumdano

Taniwha: Thanks, but Richvh came to my rescue before you posted tongue I'm really not sure how much use I'll get out of mixi, but I wanted to at least have the option of using it smile How's life in Japan treating you? I've been wanting to spend more time on this forum, but "life" has been keeping me pretty damn busy lately. I'm going to have to find time for reading / studying too... really should try to shoot for 一級 this year if possible.

pink~hime: HEY PINK tongue Things are going quite well with Japan and Japanese... negotiated the terms of a new cell phone contract in Japaneses the other day tongue Can't say I understood everything perfectly, but I managed big_smile I finally found a phone with Japanese style text prediction for English too smile I don't actually spend a lot of time speaking and interacting wholly in Japanese... something which I need to remedy. And pictures of bits and pieces of my time here thus far... still have a bunch to sort through

蒔かぬ種は生えぬ

#886 2009-04-13 19:24:23

taniwha

Life here has been pretty good so far, though the holidays as an AET are a tad long. Next week smile

We need to exchange contact details. I'll be in Wakayama for a bit again during the summer (I was there at the end of March) and it would be good to meet up.

#887 2009-04-13 22:13:57

QKlilx

pink, from my memory I think since I've had my Mixi account, about 2 and a half years now, 3, maybe 4 girls have added me. One has a boyfriend, one is 38, and one eventually removed me for some unknown reason. Gee I really have bad luck with women no matter where I go.

#888 2009-04-14 07:59:06

Yeah, "life" is known to cause a decrease in forum activities... My excuse is I've been too busy spending Japanese tax payers' ¥¥¥ ...

taniwha: I forget... whereabouts in Japan do you reside nowadays?
Faumano: I'll probably visit Osaka some time in the near future; if you're around, let's grab a beer or something.
whoever: Whenever I'm not spending Japanese tax money, I'm up for beer/焼酎 around 横浜 or 新橋 wink

#889 2009-04-14 10:55:07

bubblebath

We love the internet!

[img]http://bubblebath80.googlepages.com/internet.png[/img]

#890 2009-04-14 10:55:26

taniwha

Saitama, and I have no objection to hopping on the train to Tokyo (I go to あきはばらばら whenever I'm in the mood or have a specific shopping list: 40 minutes).

#891 2009-05-08 07:24:23

bubblebath

カリキュラマシーン: The finest Japanese educational program was broadcast on NTV from 1974 to 1978. This installment dealt with the number 8 and hiragana く. It's good for Japanese learners due to its black humor.

1)http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vb9zGBGVFlQ
2)http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O6x2X9m2 … re=related

#892 2009-05-08 20:10:47

pink~hime

OMG they're just like the shows here for kids! They even got the randomly-saying-the-theme-of-the-day thing. 'SILENT E' 'OOO SILENT E' 'SI-LE-NT E' , Jesus that was annoying.

Though possibly how I learned to read...

#893 2009-05-09 19:17:40

1ceCream

are keyboards the same in japan, or are they different?

#894 2009-05-10 00:11:15

Faumdano

Most are laid out slightly differently... I'm really not a fan of the Japanese layout >< It's nice to have physical keys to operate the IME, but the other changes to the layout are somewhat infuriating tongue

蒔かぬ種は生えぬ

#895 2009-05-13 19:07:22

QKlilx

Hey guys next week at my school's spring festival I'm being filmed by a large Korean TV station called KBS2 for an episode of their new show "Golden Ladder." I would type it in Korean for reference but this computer's language settings have been screwed with and I can't figure out how to re-enable them.

Anyway I'll basically be doing a bunch of crap in front of a huge number of students, and then it'll be broadcast to the nation the following week. Here's the current plan the producers and I have come up with for my portion:

Introduction
Beatbox "Rainism"
Show off some flexibility for the "campus queen"
Interview a la "Global Talk Show," another KBS2 show
If a certain friend is available, I ask her out (they cleverly lured me into that one)
I call up my "foreign friends" and then the 6 of us dance to the K-pop song "Oh My!" while one sings
"Campus queen" selects 3 contestants to go to the second round

I have absolutely no idea how they're going to fit all of that into a 30-minute segment and still show other contestants enough to avoid making it look like "white guy does a bunch of stuff on stage" but whatever. I'm looking forward to this, and then any of my friends who haven't heard me speak Korean will get a pretty good sampling of it if they watch.

#896 2009-05-17 17:30:19

pink~hime

LOL Rainism was a mega corny song

I've heard of Golden Ladder but I refused to watch it because of 이특 being the MC

When does this air?

#897 2009-05-23 00:47:57

QKlilx

이특 barely does anything on the show. He's just there to attract ratings. The other three MCs do about 95% of all the work. 이특 doesn't even show up during the quiz portion of the show.

Anyway here's what actually went on:

- Random interview of random questions and then they wanted me to speak English to the queen
- Danced to 어머나 with my friends
- Beatboxed and danced to my remix of Rainism
- More interviewing
- The next contestant was a yoga practitioner (of 3 months) and the MCs had me show her up

KBS2, May 31st, 8:40 AM

It was an uber fun day. I also got 붐's business card. big_smile

#898 2009-05-24 02:43:08

Frychiko

Ohh, I was just in Korea last week, all expenses paid. I was kind of expecting a similar experience to Japan (ignorance really), but it's completely different.

Makes me appreciate how far my Japanese has come along since I understand zero Korean.

Also, I can finally quit my English teaching job after my fifth year here in Japan and go back to waking up late and working at home at my own leisure. That's the lifestyle. Haven't been this excited for a long time.

Last edited by Frychiko (2009-05-24 02:44:21)

#899 2009-05-26 17:08:41

My wife and I just had our first baby, Matthew Masato on May 14th.
8 lbs 3oz at birth, he's healthy.
Some nights he doesn't like to sleep though so we're still getting used to that.

Been taking some time off from training the kickboxing to deal with a broken rib and to help with my son; will be going back to training soon.
Will probably have fights June 27 and July 19 - hoping my rib holds up.
Haven't been studying Japanese seriously at all, just reading the 13 tips for fluent japanese book, some intermediate Japanese readers, and old issues of mangajin.

#900 2009-05-27 04:41:33

taniwha

Congratulations.

I hope your rib gets better quickly.

Board footer