Tae Kim's Guide to Japanese Forum

THIS FORUM IS NOW CLOSED TO NEW REGISTRATIONS BUT LEFT FOR PROSPERITY!

You are not logged in.

#1 2005-05-19 20:52:14

taekk
Administrator

New forum for the Grammar Guide!

Welcome to the new forum for the grammar guide! Mostly, I wanted to move all the emails I was getting to someplace where others can chime in with their ideas, questions, and comments. If you have any questions or comments regarding Japanese or the grammar guide, let's discuss it here and help each other with our Japanese!

-Tae Kim

#2 2010-07-29 20:03:12

Odarri

Re: New forum for the Grammar Guide!

Hi Mr. Kim,

Are there going to any additions to your grammar guide; as in other possible grammar points that you might of forgot to address?  On a side note, I have read most of your postings, the feeling of learning this lingo is mutual. I have been studying for 3 years and I am going at a rapid pace, or so I would like to think,:D. At my current level of understanding the Japanese language, I find that practicing Japanese tongue twisters allows for a more suave speech. Back to talking about myself, Yay! When I try to read small paper books, I realize that I am making some progress in reading, however I have been skipping over unknown kanji in most lines, skipping for the most-part the understanding of what exactly is going on. After a while you realize you need to address the problem and not jump-the-gun. With your helpful grammar points in mind. I am now going to move on to completing my 327paged kanji book (...so time consuming, but that OK, I have time on my hands, it's summer and when I school resumes for senior year of HS, I'll be back to being busy), I'll just run through it once. No sweat! ( Yea, 問題ない sad ). するってばよ (No sure if this is correct, just an attempt at my own Naruto yikes )!!

- Odarri Lewis

#3 2010-07-30 01:47:04

taniwha

There really isn't anything more for him to cover, other than maybe an advanced section on true conjugations (未然形 etc). Japanese grammar is so simple that taekk has already written more than he strictly needs to. He's added common expressions as bonus material (this includes the sections on polite and honorific speech).

What you're looking for is really a vocabulary guide, and that's where 国語辞典 come in. This guide, plus rikaichan is enough to be able to read a Japanese dictionary. Reading a Japanese dictionary will do you more good than any amount of English explanation.

Leave others their otherness. -- Aratak
There is no can't. -- Duun

#4 2010-08-09 21:15:56

Odarri

Hi taniwha,

Thank you, that makes much sense.  And I am guessing that Tae agrees also.

それを知るいい。

Last edited by Odarri (2010-08-09 21:18:47)

#5 2010-11-25 13:58:24

Laurelindo

The best way to learn vocabulary is probably to pick up words as you're reading; this also allows you to always be "on the go", since whenever you need to learn a word, you just learn it and continue reading.

...although for any language it is naturally a good idea to learn the words for common everyday objects ("house", "tree", "cloud", "grass", "book", "key" etc).

Last edited by Laurelindo (2010-11-25 14:00:38)

#6 2013-03-29 02:20:05

nekoNya

i agree...too,laurelindo..:D

Board footer