Tae Kim's Guide to Japanese Forum

To address questions and improvements for the Japanese Grammar Guide as well as topics concerning Japanese in general.

You are not logged in.

#1 2010-11-02 17:51:31

Pikrass

Wiki's stylesheet

Hi !

First, I noticed the French translation is far from being finished on the wiki, and there are a few mistakes. I'll try to correct them, and maybe translate some chapters after that (for the fifth section, it's just a matter of adapting and correcting this version).

But something bothers me. On the website, the interesting parts of Japanese sentences are emphasized this way, and the words having a popup with their translation have a nice effect.
Is it possible to add these CSS rules to wiki's stylesheet ? Wiki pages are hard to read for the moment. That would make them more readable (and I think I'll try to space out French pages too).

I'm talking about these lines :

em { 
    color: rgb(255,119,51);
    font-style: normal;
}
.popup {
    cursor: help;
    text-decoration: none;
}
span.popup:hover {
    text-decoration:none;
    color: rgb(159,20,26);
}

I think the paragraphs <p> should be more spaced out too (with the 'margin' property).
Oh, and adding the .sumbox and the .summary rules would be great too.

Thank you in advance. tongue

Last edited by Pikrass (2010-11-03 13:28:26)

#2 2010-11-03 14:30:07

taekk
Banned

Re: Wiki's stylesheet

The wiki has kind of become a dumping ground. I'm seriously considering killing it altogether. If you're looking at the french translation, I would start with this:
http://www.guidetojapanese.org/french/index.html

And please send me any corrections via email.

-Tae Kim

それは、よくなくなくない?

#3 2010-11-03 14:49:46

Pikrass

Re: Wiki's stylesheet

Too bad, it was easier to translate and correct.
So I'll apply my corrections to the zip version and send it back to you.

Board footer