Resources and Tutorials
There are many tools and resources that are helpful for learning Japanese (and perhaps some that are not as helpful). For the beginner, it's not obvious exactly what resources are available and how to use them.
Here, we will go over some of the best tools and resources for learning Japanese along with a simple tutorial of how to use it and for what purpose.
For those who don't want to read the entire tutorials, here's a list of all the resources which are covered. In addition, NIHONGO eな is also a good site to go for learning how to use various online sites and tools for learning Japanese.
- Courses for learning Kana
- Setting up Japanese for Windows
- Setting up Japanese for Mac OS X
- Setting up Japanese for Ubuntu
- Translate your first name to Japanese
- Japanese-English Dictionary and mirrors
- Another Japanese-English Dictionary
- English-Japanese Dictionary
- J<->E and J<->J Dictionary
- Firefox plugin dictionary
- Finding Japanese meetup groups
- Finding Skype conversation partners
- Writing practice